Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Jenny Morris' Current Query

Here's another query for you guys.

Before we get to the letter, you have to go visit Jenny's blog, and follow her. I'm serious. The scroll wheel on your mouse is now locked until you get back from your new tab. You are using tabbed browsing, right?

Now, the query:

Dear Agent:

I am pleased to submit for your consideration my completed 65,000 word young adult fantasy novel, THE GUARDIAN TRIBE.

Kella never tells anyone what she is, a freak, to be dissected. She did once and her drug addict mom went crazy. Her secret…her best friend, Gabrielle, is her guardian angel. That’s not all, Kella can fuse her body to Gabrielle’s angelic form and they become one being. Words never pass between them, only feelings and powers. These angelic powers allow Kella to fly, kick the crap out of boys, and sometimes bring people back from the brink of death.

Asher convinces his dad to take him to Haiti, so can prove himself. Instead, he finds Kella. She’s smart, sexy, and can jump off buildings. Life completely changes. The guardian angel Asher stared at for eighteen years, now allows him to fly through the air like a superhero, and sense people’s feelings, especially Kella’s.

Asher must use every power he has, when Gabrielle is kidnapped. Kella is left afraid, helpless, and very, very human. They must find a way to bring Gabrielle back, or Kella will lose her guardian angel forever.

THE GUARDIAN TRIBE appeals to readers who love it when girls kick butt or have ever wished they could fly. Yet, this novel goes beyond most supernatural tales and creates a relationship between humans and angels that will make readers ache to be a member of the Tribe.

If you would like to consider THE GUARDIAN TRIBE, I would be happy to forward the complete manuscript at your request.

Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Jenny Morris

That's it.

Remember: today is just for introductions. Please save your feedback for tomorrow.

19 comments:

Karen Baldwin said...

OK...I'll come back. I did check out her wonderful blog.

Jessica Bell said...

Hi Jenny! Will come back ... I have something to say, but I bet, Matt, you'll say it first :)

Unknown said...

Checked out Jenny's blog and it's wonderful. I've never commented on a query before as I've always been nervous to offer an opinion, but I really love the sound of this story and want it to succeed. I will be back.

Natalie Aguirre said...

Thanks for sharing your query Jenny. Looking forward to Matt's suggestions tomorrow.

S.A. Larsenッ said...

Hi Jenny!! Interesting premise! I don't blog on Wednesdays, but I will try and come back for suggestions! Nice to meet you.

Anonymous said...

Clicked over and followed. See you tomorrow.

Michael G-G said...

Sounds like a great story, Jenny. I'll have a couple of suggestions tomorrow--see you then.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Admire anyone not afraid to use the words 'kick butt' in a query letter!

Jessica Salyer said...

Hi Jenny. Thanks for sharing your query letter. I look forward to seeing the sugestions tomorrow. :)

Donna K. Weaver said...

I'll be back tomorrow.

Kristen Wixted said...

I'm with Alex on kicking butt-especially girls! Will be back.

Jenny S. Morris said...

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to hear what Matt has to say. ;0)

The FARNC said...

Ha. My wheel thingie worked.

Matthew MacNish said...

How'd you do that, FARNC? No hacking allowed.

Christina Lee said...

Whoa---pretty dang cool concept. You had me at "fuse"!

Johanna Garth said...

Followed! Looking forward to getting to know you Jenny!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Hi, Jenny! Nice to meet you! (And yes, Matt, I followed her as instructed.) :D Will be back tomorrow for comments.

Jessica Silva said...

I haven't participated in one of these before, but I'll be coming back tomorrow to see the comments/suggestions and if I have anything to contribute :)

Nancy Thompson said...

Can't wait to see what Marthew has to say. *biting my nails* I'll be back.